12/11/2010

Is There Such a Thing, as Too Much Fun???



This is the question, I've been pondering on this gorgeous saturday morning. I'm sitting at work, EXHAUSTED from our 3rd st Holiday Block Party! Did I mention, it was on thursday? Hahaha! Is there such a thing as too much fun? Is there a point when you should "tap out", so to speak? Not at all one of my strengths! I'm more a 'Ride it, till the wheels fall off', kinda girl. A Petro Zillia girl, if you will. Let me take you thru the evening, an you let me know if there was a window, where I coulda said enuffs ze nuff! lol

First of all, we started out making the cutest little holiday displays. Nony gives me a huge box of tulle and ribbon, in various bright colors an prints, an different shaped boxes (including the sweetest lil heart shaped ones! I die!) My objective, create bright, fun PZ vibe gift boxes! Now, let me explain something about myself. I'm an arts an crafts kid, at heart! You hand me some twigs, a couple strands of ribbon,an a pack of chewing gum...I'll hand you back a musical mobile,with birds floating on it! And I'm a Xmas geek! Love the holidays! Basically, I'm all over this task!

Then, THE FOOD TRUCKS ARRIVED!!!!!! I'm a foodie! I love to eat,an I never miss a meal! When we got cofirmations from The White Rabbit Truck, The Boba Truck, and the BarbiesQ truck, I immediately googled them to check out their menus! Planning is crucial, I need to taste everything! I started out with the beefsteak and garlic rice bowl from The White Rabbit Truck...I inhaled it! So good! Then, I tried my first boba drink ever! Now, I understand why eveyone loves them. It's like a liquid hug! Then, I rounded it out with the sampler from the BarbiesQ truck. The most crazy delicious barbq evs!!!! Don't even think about sayin, I coulda let the food truck fun slide! I'm not hearin it! Ha!

I couldn't have been in better company, with Nony( my amazing boss), Basil and Suggie( our rad interns). Even Nony's mom, one of my favorite people on the planet, was on board for good times! As the night progressed, the store filled with our awesome customers and friends, an we enjoyed a night filled with music, shopping, snacking on cupcakes from Sweet E's Bake Shop, an SANTA!!!! Yes,I gave you all that for Santa! You love Bieber, I love Santa! That dude can make Christmas happen all over the globe,in a night! I meeean!!! So you can fully grasp how fun the night was, we stayed open an extra 2 hrs! I wasn't gonna miss any of that action either!


So, all in all, it was 12hrs of back to back holiday fun-ness!!! I really don't see any moment, I could have done without! I'm exhausted, but my smile goes from ear to ear! My body is just gonna have to try an keep up with my spirit, that just wants to have all the fun, while there's fun to be had! It's the life of a Petro Zillia girl....








No comments:

Post a Comment