8/06/2014

The Editors' Choice Hall of Fame - Electra Petro Zillia Bike

How amazing?!


Years ago when I designed this bike with Electra Bike Company, I really didn't expect it to one day get the highest honors in the bike industry, I just wanted to design a super cool looking bike that would be fun to ride and cherish...









Check out the link for the mention about the bikes chosen for the Hall of Fame:


http://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/bikes-and-gear-features/electra-petro-zillia


this is what they wrote about my bike:
"No bike was more in love with being a bike than Electra's $500 Petro Zillia cruiser in our 2006 test. Bathed in rainbows, hearts, and flowers, and accessorized with pom-poms, ribbons, and a wicker basket, this bike brought smiles to our faces even when parked. It rode well, too, gliding along elegantly, and was also surprisingly practical. But, more than anything, this bike was unrepentant fun. "'I must admit to an odd fascination with the Petro Zillia," said one editor. "Perhaps it's akin to my fascination with man-sized thigh-highs and the works of John Waters, but this bike rocks," proclaimed another. Whenever we gather for Editors' Choice and someone mentions the Zillia, all those who rode it break out in big grins and exclamations of joy. For pure happiness-per-mile and satisfaction-per-dollar, no bike has even come close to equaling this splendid cruiser. "


WOW! Thanks so much for all the love!!!


Thanks to everyone who was involved with honoring my bike design and enjoying the ride! and of course huge thanks to all those who helped me put this bike design together :)


XOXO
Nony





5 comments:

  1. Wonderful Post, I highly appreciate those people who share some good information, because I like those people who actually share :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your article is very useful and have good knowledgeable content, thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one! It was the first Christmas gift my husband got for me. She still turns heads every time she goes out for a spin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is 12/31/2016 and I just needed to share with you. My son bought this bicycle for me as a Christmas present from a little bike shop in Corrales, NM. The bike brings so many smiles. My son said it was definite "mom" bike and matched me. Thank you Nona for being such a wonderful creative person and sharing with all of us. The bike is in absolute "new" condition with the original basket, pom-poms, ribbons and basket liner. No paint chips or marks on it anywhere.. just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up the 9th in a family of 10. All my bikes were handed down to me, often on their last leg. One bike’s chain fell off when you stopped so I would ride, via right turns, all the way to downtown. I would stop for gum and beg a farmer to fix the chain so I could ride home. For my 35th birthday my Brother gave me Electra’s Petro…it was and is every bike I ever dreamt of owning. It rides like a dream. I Still love to cruise around the bike trails and watch heads turn at this one of a kind show stopper.

    ReplyDelete